Bolted, gasketed joints that are subjected to mechanical shock, pressure surges, or thermal expansion and contraction are prone to leakage. Disc springs, because they are an elastic mechanical element, compensate for these factors by maintaining bolt force under these conditions.
Manufactured from a specialized stainless steel alloy, Chesterton 5500 Flange Bolt Disc Springs deliver high performance against stress corrosion cracking.
- Shut down to shut down reliability
- Significantly reduces downtime on critical equipment
- Lowers emissions and meets environmental regulations
- Reduces leakage and product loss
- Reduces safety and housekeeping concerns
- Improves plant efficiency and reduces total cost
- For bolted heat exchangers and pipe flanges
- Maintains constant compression on gasket seals
- Eliminates leakage problems caused by thermal cycling, vibration, and pressure surges
- High temperature capability