Chesterton 1724™ Low E Control Valve Kit is specifically designed to be used on pneumatically-actuated control valves. It should be installed in conjunction with Chesterton Live-Loading to ensure effective long-term sealing over many cycles. This product is best suited for services in which sealing fugitive emissions is required.
The kit contains all parts necessary to repack the valve in the field with Chesterton’s Live-Loading system. It includes:
- 1724 5-ring, die-formed PTFE packing set
- Pre-cut carbon spacer(s)
- Pre-engineered live-load assemblies
- New gland studs and nuts
Features & Benefits:
- Complete kit to repack a number of the most popular control valves in industry today
- VOC emissions services
- Reduced stem friction; lower actuation forces required
- Exceeds EPA VOC emissions requirements (<500 ppm as measured by EPA Method 21)
- Simplified installation—torque wrench not required
- Can be installed in the field without removing the valve actuator
All packing rings and spacers are cut to allow installation without removal of the valve actuator, simplifying the valve repacking procedure in the field. The live load assemblies are easily identifiable by their uniquely shaped outer guide, and are simple to install and use. Simply fit the assembly over the stud and tighten the gland bolt until the flat washer is flush with the top of the outer guide. No torque wrench is required.
View the latest info and trending news at https://chestertonstationary.chesterton.com/en-us/Equipment/Pages/1724LowEControlValveKits.aspx