A die-formed graphite wedge packing for lower temperature applications. Chesterton’s 5800T compression packing combines the excellent thermal and physical stability of graphite with the low friction properties of PTFE.
This packing set incorporates the unique Chesterton WedgeSeal™ design with an innovative graphite/PTFE hybrid packing material. Unlike PTFE designs, the sealability of 5800T is unaffected by changes in temperature.
Features & Benefits:
- Designed specifically for air operated control valves
- Reduced stem friction; lower actuation forces required
- For service temperatures below 23°C (450°F)
- Exceeds US EPA requirements for emissions services ( < 500 ppm as measured by EPA Method 21)
- Very low friction design ensures most efficient valve operation
- Passes API 589 Fire Test
View the latest info and trending news at https://chestertonstationary.chesterton.com/en-us/Equipment/Pages/5800T.aspxmb5800T_EN